Peru, Ecuador, and the Galapagos Islands
You’ve been called. Will you answer?
Sacred South America, Part 2
Peru, Ecuador and Galapagos, too
This dancing adventure is calling us through time
Peru begins on May 22, 2024
Ecuador begins June 1
Cueva de los Tayos begins June 7
Unparalleled beauty and inspiration awaits you in the Sacred Valley and beyond…
What is included in the cost of your journey?
- Land transportation as mentioned
- Airport services as specified
- Hotel accommodations, including occupancy taxes
- Daily or Nightly Jane’s Dancing Hands Circles
- Yoga & Stretching tailored for travelers
- Guided touring as mentioned
- Meals as indicated.
- 24/7 English-language travel support
What is not included in the cost of our time together?
- Travel insurance (which is strongly recommended )
- Optional excursions, tours and activities
- Alcoholic drinks and other beverages unless otherwise noted above
- Meals not stated in the itinerary, or meals for which only reservations have been made
- Early check-in, late check-out, and day-use charges not noted above
- Personal expenses, services, or purchases (e.g., laundry, spa services, and phone calls)
- Airfare and related taxes and fees
Brief Overview of Each Leg of the Journey
Peru - Begins May 22nd, 2024
- Day 1: Arrive in Lima to be greeted by our fabulous hosts, who will escort us to our hotel to rinse off the travel weariness and rest for the coming week.
- Day 2: Enjoy a private tour of the ruins of Pachacamac and learn about the ceremonial significance of this ancient gathering place. Later, we will indulge in fresh Peruvian food in the midst of the vibrancy of the art district of Lima.
- Day 3: Travel to Cusco and begin our foray into the Sacred Valley. Then, we will experience a deeply profound local ceremony followed by an intimate and personalized lunch.
- Day 4: We will follow our guides to Maras and Moray, two beautiful sites that pre-date and date back to Incan times, respectively. Enjoy an opportunity to meet and interact with local Peruvian people, giving back to a community that is ever-gracious and welcoming.
- Day 5: Participate in a unique pottery session that will allow you to decorate handcrafted art in a local style. Next, we will explore the Sacred Valley from a different perspective as we ride on horseback through the stunning terrain. Finally, a special, spiritually-aligned surprise awaits us amidst the sacred mountains…
- Day 6: Board the train and begin the journey to Machu Picchu, learning about the history of this ancient site as well as the Incas who built it at every stop along the way. We will pass through Chachabamba, Wiñaywayna (the place that never grows old), and Intipunku (the Sun Gate), from which the Lost City of the Incas is clearly visible. We will then have the rare chance to enjoy the citadel nearly entirely alone in the late afternoon sun..
- Day 7: We will visit Machu Picchu once more, staying for the duration of the morning and picnicking at the entrance for lunch. Following our return hike, we will be transported back through the breathtaking countryside as we return to Cusco.
- Day 8: Learn about the history of Cusco and visit the fortress of Sacsayhuaman where the Incas took a stand against the conquistadors. Then, we will hike a short way to The Temple of the Moon & Inkilltambo, which will provide us with a scenic view of Cusco and take us through the profound natural beauty of Peru.
- Day 9: Embark on an adventure to the Montaña de Colores, or Rainbow Mountain. We will pass through verdant valleys beneath snowcapped peaks, cross herds of roaming alpacas, and see how the Quechua people live before beginning to see the colored minerals that form the painted hills. After a final climb to an outstanding vantage point, we will be able to enjoy uninterrupted views of this vibrant landscape.
- Day 10: Return to Lima for a connecting flight home, or on to the next leg…
Galápagos Islands - Begins June 1st, 2024
- Day 1: Arrive and acclimatize to Quito, a city perched at a lofty 2850m above sea level.
- Day 2: Fly from Quito to Baltra Island in the heart of the Galapagos archipelago. We will travel from here to Puerto Ayora where we’ll be staying, stopping along the way to see the incredibly giant tortoises of the Galapagos and walk through stunning lava tubes formed long ago.
- Day 3: Journey to Bartolomé Island, where upon arrival we will be greeted with a wild and otherworldly red, orange, green, and black lava landscape that we will hike through to reach the island’s highest peak. Following lunch, we will be able to snorkel with penguins, colorful reef fish, and green sea turtles.
- Day 4: Visit Charles Darwin Station, where we will be able to learn about the history, conservation efforts, and research programs of the islands. Then, we will travel to Turtle Bay, where we will be able to snorkel and swim while observing a diverse array of local marine species.
- Day 5: Walk through the largest breeding colonies of native birds in the Galapagos on North Seymour Island. See blue-footed boobies, frigate birds, and swallow-tailed gulls in their natural habitat, as well as sea lions, Galapagos land iguanas, lava lizards, and pelicans. Following our hike, we will have the opportunity to snorkle or take a leisurely walk along the beach.
- Day 6: Say “Goodbye, Galapagos,” and return to Quito.
Cueva de los Tayos - Begins ~June 7th, 2024
- Day 1: Venture from Quito to the Tayos Caves. All the required equipment for a safe exploration of the caves will be provided. We will have lunch with the Shuar community and undergo the necessary ritual to request permission to enter the caves. Once granted, we will rappel down into the womb of Pachamama, where we will camp for the next two days.
- Day 2: Explore the galleries of the Cueva de los Tayos (El Altar, Domo, Stalagmites Gallery, La Cascada, El Anfiteatro, Neil Armstrong Stalagmite, Toboganes del sumidero). After lunch, there will be the opportunity to continue to explore, as well as refresh ourselves with a natural bath in the waterfall of the cave.
- Day 3: Re-emerge from the cave and lunch again with the Shuar community. We will then have a short hike to the Coangos river, where we will travel in a canoe back to Yuquiantza before returning to Quito.
You will be in a private room for two (double occupancy), in 4 and 5-star hotels in Peru and Ecuador, and the Galapagos. Camping details are specific to Cueva de los Tayos.
Deposits are non-refundable, with the option to pay in one or several installments, depending on individual needs.
Your deposit is non-refundable. In the case of cancellation, if we can fill your space, you will receive your deposit back minus $150 for credit card fees and handling.
Retreat cost will vary depending on which part of the journey you join. Trip costs will be discounted if you pay in full, combine different segments, or bundle the entire journey.
8 Month Payment Plan Overview
• All Bundles – 10% discount included in cost
• Trilogy Package – 15% discount included in cost
• Payment in Full – 5% to 10% discount included in cost
Please contact us if Venmo or bank transfer is preferred.
We are traveling three legs of this journey with options for an intimate group of under 20 people for the first two legs, but only seven in the caves. This allows ease of travel and near-nightly dancing with the gift of purest Source Energy and potent Elemental integration.
Journey with Us!
Reserve Your Spot
This dancing journey is calling us through time. Will you answer the call to celebrate the peace & light’s return?
In order to secure your spot, a 30% deposit must be paid on or before November 15th, 2023. Follow the link below to pay for the deposit of the retreat of your choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I attend just one leg of the journey, or do I have to do all three?
- You are very welcome to join us for as much or as little of our journey through the sacred lands of South America as you feel called to do. If you are only interested in traveling through Peru to see Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley – no problem! If you’d only like to see the Galapagos Islands and the animals that inhabit them – that’s fine! If you’d like to combine the Galapagos Island tour with the descent into the Cueva de los Tayos, that’s entirely up to you. You can mix and match as you please, with discounts available on different combinations to help make your decisions even easier.
Do I have to pay all at once?
- No! As we are eight months out from our retreat date, we are able to offer payment plans for those who would rather pay in increments. However, if you do decide to purchase your tickets upfront, you can enjoy savings of up to 20% off, depending on the journey you’ve selected.
I've never been to South America before. What's the travel guidance for these countries?
- We have a full PDF that includes information on travel guidance, local customs, tipping, and suggestions on what you should consider bringing with you. This will be sent to all participants well in advance of travel and can be provided for those that request it via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Which dates should I be considering for my flight?
These dates are indicative only, and should only be used for your research into flight prices. Please contact us at email@example.com prior to booking any travel.
May/31: Lima – Quito (a flight that leaves Lima after 10:00 am will be fine)
For the ones that will return home and skip the Tayos Cave tour:
Jun/05: Quito – USA (a flight that leaves Quito after 22:00hrs will be good)
For the ones that will stay in order to make the Tayos Cave tour:
Jun/10: Quito – USA (a flight that leaves Quito after 22:00hrs will be good)
JANE's Dancing Hands return to Newport, RI
Autumn Equinox Circle - Friday, September 22nd at 6:30pm ET
JANE New Circle - Saturday, September 23rd at 2:00pm ET
Quanta Circle - Saturday, September 23rd at 4:00pm ET
Come join us!
From the Blog
Can you feel the change in the air? The leaves have barely begun to turn here in Northern California, but I felt it in the cozy, thick blanket of fog when we drove over the San Francisco Bay Bridge last weekend. When I walked with Blue in the dry creek bed earlier...
Greetings, friends! How are you? How is your summer? Is the season loving all over you? As a child, August was when I’d admire how tough the pads on my feet had become. It was a badge of honor to run over the hottest asphalt without squealing. I’d skateboard a...
The Great Sacred South American Adventure Happy Cazimi! This is a magical day to share that which lights up deeper important life-changing messages. Now, you may receive this hours after I send it, but a message sent is a message rocketing with love and increasing so...
Joyous September to you! Happy Labor Day weekend in the US, Happy post super blue moon weekend everywhere else. Are you feeling it? Are you dancing with every bit, too? I’m just back from my mountain sojourn… But am I? Still rooted in the land, my heart leans forward....